Friday 18 January 2013

Wintertime Love

It is Snowy and Beautiful outside today!

So naturally I am sitting indoors and enjoying endless cups of tea the the wonderful @kitty_bomb (find her on Instgram and twitter). 

When thinking about what to post today all I could think about what the fact that it is pay day and I wanted to spend spend spend. 
So naturally this became the Fashion Favourites! 

So here are a few of my fashion favourites. 

Favourite Model: 

Is it normal for people to have a favourite model? I am not sure. Well in any case I do! But when sitting writing about this post I have realised that this category is automatically moot. She isn't even a model!! 

Nonetheless I feel that is important I introduce you to the beautiful Elle Fanning. 

 (Image from hausofolive.blogspot.com)
(Image from mommyish.com)
(Image from cltreanor.blogspot.com)

Fresh faced, natural, alternative and beautiful. 
I love her because she is herself whenever I have seen her, she is an aspiration for young girls (she is only 14 years old) because she is normal sized and tall!

Favourite Look and Style: 

Once again I seem to have chosen a style and look that IS NOT REAL! My favourite look at the moment is from a film called Like Crazy (Watch the trailer) the character Anna has THE most beautiful style, casual vintage themes thrown in but with a hint of modern culture. 

Played by Felicity Jones, Anna is a Fashion writer and blogger her style reflects the bohemian idyllic and vintage vibes of living in London. 

 (Images from imdb.com)
 (Images from imdb.com)
(Images from imdb.com)

Its casual, its simple, but it is beautiful as well. 
I LOVE IT. 

Favourite Denim Store: 

Denim is one of those items that you definitely NEED in your wardrobe. Whether you only use jean for work r whether they are you go to item for every day wear. 

Personally I have lots of jeans for different occasions, going out ones, casual ones, work ones, and ones for gardening/DIY/painting. 

The looks you can create. Wear with heals, smart top and blazer for a slim silhouette, wear with converse and t-shirt for a dressed down and easy going look. 

SO where should you buy from? High street? Designer? 
It is a massive deal buying jeans, it IS difficult to find somewhere that will fit different shapes, have different styles/colours for a good price. 
So here is my personal favourite. 


(Image from Topshop.com)

On this site you can choose fit and cut and get advise about size. However pop into store to see a staff member and get help with the cuts, what suits you and the fit can be different to each pair of jeans. 

What I love about Topshop jeans the longevity! I have had one of my pairs for 2 years and there is only a few signs of wear and tear. For a regular wear £40 is a great value. 

My choice. Kristen - High Waisted Super Skinny in ANY colour. 

Favourite Place for Vintage: 

So everyone loves a bit of vintage. It is a part of being a fashionista! 
But finding out where to get it from can be a bit tricky if you are not a guru of the vintage. 

In my time of shopping about for vintage bits I have discovered two places that never fail me. So my trusted readers you are now privilege to know some of most prize secrets. 

1) Cow Vintage: (Stores in Birmingham, Nottingham, Manchester and Sheffield). They hold a wide wide range of vintage items. Priced and different levels so you are able afford something every time you go in. I have had so so many positive experiences in this store. You can even exchange your items if you change your mind (with a receipt). 
Follow them on twitter and instagram... @wearecow

2) www.rokit.co.uk: A fabulous website full of vintage beauties. 
What I love about this site is that you can gage the sizes better than other webpages that I have looked at. 
They also carry some designer brands. Currently 25% sale is ON!

Favourites in my Wardrobe: 

For this little section I have chosen 3 items that are so beautifully simple it will shock you that they are in my favourites!

JEANS! 
I cannot live without my trusted Kristen jeans. They are warm, comfy and beyond any other reason they cover my bum when I bend over. No more builders bum for me! 

(Image from topshop.com)

Because they go with everything at £40 they were an absolute bargain. I have two pair the blue and black and they are worn at least twice a week. 

Barbra Hulanicki Dress: 
When this dress originally came into stores I was not quick enough to get my hands on one, so for 3 years after I combed the internet and eBay to get one. And last year my dream came true and it has been for 3 years and will always be in my favourites! 

(Image from glamourmagazines.co.uk)

With 80's Shoulder pads and a skater skirt it is perfect. 
I wear it in the summer with small shorts underneath and in the winter with tights and heals. 

Shoes: 
These are another eBay favourite of mine. 
Originally from River Island, they play a full part in my casual heal collection!

(Image from lululabella.wordpress.co.uk)

These are perfection for me - black, chunky heal, studs with a hint of chealsea boot. 

Ultimately though I can only wear them on the odd occasion. Mainly because I am scared of wearing them out and they are not amazingly comfy, I can wear them for about 3 hours before I start getting sore. 

Favourite Inspiration: 

Again I am breaking my own rules by having 2. A classic and a modern. 

Start with the modern. 

Rachel Bilson. She rules my fashion fantasies. Inspired many outfits.
Sadly what I have come to realise is that no matter how I try to dress like her I will never truly be like her because she is so so tiny!

(Image from stylebistro.com)

This to me is perfection. Mixing tailoring with prom dresses with chunky biker boots. 
She also started the OMBRÉ hair effect. 

You cannot write a fashion blog without mentioning the great and timeless Audrey Hepburn. 
She is Fashion personified. 


Perfect.

xoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment