Sunday 20 January 2013

Snow is Falling all Around Me.

My goodness what a weekend for a snowboarder!

It is still snowing buckets outside! And you know something - I couldn't be happier. 
I love the flakes falling from the sky, making even the ugliest and smallest place look beautiful. 

 (Photo by Sarah Cullum - @SarahJCullum)

(Photo by Ben Goulding-Huckle @BenHuckle)

So with the theme of this weekend being snow I felt it only appropriate for this blog post to be dedicated to SNOW and all its joy and short-comings. 

Favourite Photo's:

Photo's of snow are so magical. Everything looks like Narnia. I love the way the snow settles of the branches of trees, foot prints are seen everywhere and the sound of walking. 

So these are a few of my favourite photo's I have been over the last few days. 

Big Icicles 
(Photo by Jack Skett - @jackusmaracus)

Me, Kat and Loz playing in the snow.
(Photo's by Katherine Askew - @kitty_bomb)

Pigeons were even enjoying the snow.
(Photo's by moi! @catgh_xo)

Favourite Drink:

There are certain drinks and foods that are considered to be much more acceptable when it is snowing. Drinking Hot Chocolate and Tea for breakfast, lunch and dinner is simply okay. 

But my choice is a hot chocolate with plenty of cream and marshmallows at about 3pm! So tasty and warm. After sledging and snowball fights it warms you up from the very ends of your toes!

(Photo by Louise Bronte - @brontelouisex) 

Get that kettle on please!

Favourite Fun: 

There is endless fun you can have in the snow. But my favourite involves getting very wet and very cold all at the same time. Therefore it is a real treat when I can do this. 

(Image from angelreach.com)

Making Snow angels is tricky, you have to be so careful not to get your feet caught in them. This one pictured above is perfect. 

Favourite Warmer: 

So imagine you have been playing/walking in the snow for hours. Your fingers, toes, legs and pretty much all of your body is numb. You step through your front door and the warmth hits you. 

Your hot chocolate is made so you make your way to the sitting room and flump (yes. that is a word) onto the rug by an OPEN FIRE. 

To me nothing is better after being outside in the snow than sitting down by the fire taking off my mittens and my socks and feeling the warmth flush on to my bare skin. 

(Image from chimney-cleaners.co.uk)

I can feel the warmth on my toes just from looking at this picture. 

This is without a doubt the best bit about getting cold. 

Favourite Fashions: 

I think it would be impossible for me to do a post without mentioning the difficulty I face during times of snow. 
What to wear on my legs, I always think tights are warmest but really are they? 
How many layers can I fit under my coat and what on earth do I put on my feet?

It is inevitable that I will end up looking like a layer-lady. I wear about 7 pairs of socks, 4 jumpers and 2 gloves. 

What I want to focus on is the tricky business of footwear. I have to go into work even when it snows. So finding footwear that looks respectable and practical even in the snow is so hard. Usually I can wear boots or converse hoever neither of those is practical during snow. My only real options are Walking boots, or Wellingtons. 
Neither of which support a smart casual work wear rule. 

So here are a few suggestions I have to solve some of the footwear issues. 


1) Black Quilted Wellingtons £15 Buy them on eBay

2) Rubber Riding Boots £40 Buy them here.

3) Hunter Wellingtons £80 Buy them here

(Image from ceriselle.org)

4) Glitter Bow Wellies £14. Buy in store only. 

Favourite Animal in the Snow: 

To end. 

This I think is my favourite thing about the snow. 

Dogs go mental. 


xoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment