Friday 25 January 2013

Beauty Comes from within - but sometimes needs help.

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."

- Audrey Hepburn


Oh my goodness Audrey is a goddess! 
However not everyone has the luxury of perfect skin, red lips, and eyebrows so good that they will make you want to go back to bed. 

So here are my musings on beauty products that you can afford, love and are beneficial to you beauty routine. 


But first let me show you my make up collection. 



So as you can see the majority of my make does consist of lip paint. 

Favourite Essential: 

I cannot live without my tinted moisturiser. I am very lucky in that I have never really had any issues with acne, I get the odd spot every now and again but generally my skin is very clear. 
It is however really blotchy - I have different skin tones - which is really normal. But it does mean I need a foundation but don't need it to be really thick - hence Tinted Moisturiser. 

(Image from boots.co.uk)

I can use this product but itself on a day to day basis or use as a base for other products. I love that it is moisturiser based - meaning it is great for my skin and also that it has SPF 15 so protects me from the Sun. 

£11.50 No.7 Triple Protective Tinted Moisturiser 

Favourite Cream: 

Creams and Lotions make up at least half of my beauty regime. But people let us not forget the importance of having soft HANDS. 

(Image from cathkidston.com)

£8.00 - Cath Kidston Wild Rose Hand Cream

I have a lot of love for this product. It is small enough to fit in my mini make up bag but wont run out quickly. Not to mention it smells unreal!

A little goes along way, and it makes you hands soft soft. 
Don't forget your hands!!

Favourite Brand: 

There is only one answer for me. 
(Image from boots.com)

I have very sensitive eyes, so I have to wear hypoallergenic make up so this is one of the best and lasting brands. 

It is pricey though. But what I have found is that you pay and it lasts and the quality is out of this world. 

Favourite Time Saver: 

I am not one for spending loads of time making my eyes look smokey, and big. Neither can I be bothered with eyeshadow much. 

Benefit have now stormed in with kits were everything is the in the same little box so you save infinite amounts of rummaging time. 

This is my absolute favourite. 

(Image from benefitcosmetics.co.uk)

Creates wonderful brows and makes your eyes look bigger. 
I cannot really explain how amazing it is but watch this video to see how wonderful it can be!



Best thing about this, it is natural look. So if you can spend time doing it daily you can have big beautiful eyes everyday!

Favourite Fancy: 

So I have a problem when it comes to Lipstick and Lip Balms. I have a total of 20 balms and sticks. 

So here are a few of my favourite looks. 

For Megan Fox' stunning Dark Red lips wear Kate Moss for Rimmel, 
107 Lasting Finish Matt by Kate Moss
£5.49

 Ahhhh Amanda Seyfried is Perfection! 
Get the look by wearing Collection 2000 Lasting Colour Lipstick
Lasting Colour Lipstick - Queen of Hearts 
£2.99

Katy Perry is not normally one of my favourites, however she really can work the purple look. 
Try Barry M Ultra Moisturising Lip-paint. 

Ultra Moisturising Lip-Paint - LP 156
£4.49


Michelle Williams, is such a beauty she can only the carry natural looking 
make up. So to get her lips, use a thin lipstick. 
17 at Boots, Mirror Shine is perfect for this. 

£4.59 

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment